Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Zebra Net

I am lost. I am walking in May's graduation ceremony but still have to take 3 summer classes : ( Oh well at least I am finally graduating : ) I went to the Career center on campus today because I have no real plan after college. so i was thinking about doing child psychology because I want to work with kids and this lady was so negative. She was not supportive of me doing this because she could not understand how I am a thr major but want to go to grad school for that. She advised me to find jobs and internships in child care because I was a pre-school teacher. I dont like that. Just because I am latina does not mean i want to be a permanent babysitter. She advised me to take business courses so that I can be a director at some pre-school. I kept thinking F you. If i am going to take your advise, it's to open up my own pre-school, not to manage someone else's. This lady was not helpful at all. The worst part is that my friend was there and the lady was paying more attention to her than me. I think that lady was racist and wants to advise minorities to have crappy jobs to keep us down. I felt like saying " Hey lady I want to be a Child Psychologist damn it, not a pre-school director!" People have some nerve. This only fuels me to become something big, something important in the history of mankind. And when I become something of myself, that bigot will get no cupcakes from me!

I took out another appointment with someone who can actually help me in front of her. Estupida!!@!

2 comments:

  1. If it's in your heart then do it Selmary. Don't let someone else's preconceived notion of what you are capable of doing stop you. That lady is just living by what "the man" taught her. She cannot think outside of that box. It will not be easy work, I can tell you that BUT if you work hard enough you can do it. If you wanted to open your preschool, I'd say work at one first to get an idea of how things really work. Whatever you want to do, DO IT!!!! Hearts xoxoxo

    Krystle ;)

    ReplyDelete