Thursday, April 15, 2010

Soldier Buddy

Here is a copy of the message that I sent to a guy that I went to elementary school/junior high/high school with. I know that he enlisted in the army and served overseas. I am not sure what he is doing now, but he is my only link to the two wars. Hopefully he will reply and let me know about his status and whether or not he will help us out.

Hey Chris it’s Matthew Cohen from WMHS. How are you? I know it’s been a while since we last spoke, but I was wondering if you would like to participate in a school project. My THR 216 and THR 403 class at Stony Brook University will be performing at a media venue in the city next month. My professor is trying to get a number of active military personal who are currently stationed in Afghanistan or Iraq to take part in this production. He hopes to connect soldiers via Skype so they can act out a few parts from the following plays (which all deal with some aspect of war):

Sophocles: Philoktetes
Shakespheare: Richard 3
Kleist: Penthesileia
Brecht: Mother Courage
Miller: All My Sons

Please just let me know if you are interested or if you know someone currently stationed in Afghanistan or Iraq who would be interested in participating. I know this is kinda sudden, but I would appreciate your input on this project. Below you will also find a link detailing the actual event. If you have any questions for me or my professor just send me a message via FB or email me at ****.

Thank You,
Matthew Cohen

No comments:

Post a Comment