Monday, April 12, 2010

No more Thr @ SB

I found out last week Figaro/Figaro will be the last theatre production at Stony Brook. I am really upset about this because I don't think the theatre major will survive this. No more production classes, that's horrible. I feel bad for the upcoming students that are looking forward to working in production. Wow, I can't believe it's over. I feel bad for Dave, Peggy and Pan. This affects them the most because they are losing money, and Pan is getting fired. Dave will probably have to get a second job to make ends meet. I am really lucky to have taken production class last year. I worked on Romeo and Juliet and These Shinning Lives. It was fun. I just can't believe that Figaro will be the last play at Stony Brook. The performance was better from what I expected but there is always room for improvement. I think Fanny was great and Suzy too. Figaro was a little annoying at times but he was funny in act I. Act II is always depressing, this is why I have some trouble with this play. It does not have a smooth transition. Oh well, you can't win them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment