Sunday, February 21, 2010

Up late on COS, searching for grants

I just finished finalizing one of my grant letters. I am looking for another grant to which I can pitch the same project to. No luck as yet. I am also looking for other grants along the way to pitch my second grant to.

Here is part of the final letter I am sending out

In order to significantly further my career development in the field of visual arts in the form of Interior design, I propose a project in which I intend to study and apply a critical and experimental investigation about the connection of space to information. I seek to investigate the real tensions between the information contained in the brick and mortar environment of colleges and its recipients. I want to explore the relationship between learning in one’s own interior versus learning in college buildings. I want to look at the urbanized world in the U.S and investigate why we are still adhering to rigid rules about learning in such environments. A documentary film of students learning in an interior and exterior environment will be produced as part of this project. After collecting data via observatory techniques, I propose to design a new learning space using Google SketchUp which will focus on using technological equipment as the major basis for learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment