Saturday, February 27, 2010

Greek Plays, Skype, & Soldiers

I cannot wait to start reading both Ajax and Philoctetes by Sophocles because I am big fan of Greek plays. My favorite Greek play so far has been The Odyssey by Homer which I read in 9th grade. I am also fascinated by the story behind the Trojan War. I always try to watch specials about it on the History Channel now and again, and by reading these plays I hope to further my understanding of it all.

I do not think we will have too much trouble getting soldiers to act out either of these plays. I know that I will try a number of different resources before throwing in the towel. I do have a friend who is from India and he has mentioned that he knows a few people who are in the Indian Army. I also know a student who I graduated with from high school who is currently serving or has served in the United States Army. I figured that I would message him via Facebook to see if he is available or knows any willing participants. As a last resort I might try Chatroulette, Craigslist, Second Life, and other various online sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment