Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Stony Brook diversity

I did not know I was going to college when I was a senior in high school. I never plan ahead. I am lazy. When my college advisor told me to pick 5 colleges I wanted to go to, I was stumped. So I looked at where my friends were going and decided not to go there. I wanted to dorm, they wanted to stay together forever. Well, I stumbled upon Stony Brook and instantly applied there because I like the way it sounded coming out of my mouth. It was just that simple. I got accepted through the EOP program, which is for poor people with A-B averages. That was the best thing I ever did for my career.

Starting classes in Stony Brook my freshman year was really weird. I have never seen so many white or asian people in my life. Everytime I saw a ghetto spanish or black person, I assumed they were in EOP. I was wrong. LOL Most people don't even know that a program like that exist. I remember there were many exchange students from China and Japan. I kept thinking, out of all of the schools in the world, why this one? I found the answer. Stony Brook has a great nursing program, and a good engineering program too. It has a good name and is sort of cheap. I don't like that the tuition was raised because it's not that good. Now it is so expensive, I can't wait to get the hell out of here. I am trying to look at affordable graduate schools for next year because I am taking a year off after I graduate. The only thing that I can say now that is good about Stony Brook is the Theatre department,and the free copies in the sinc sites. Everything that was good about Stony Brook isn't anymore. My dorm was a party dorm, and that has stopped. I like that they have a bar on campus. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment