Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Many Faces of FaceLife!

graphic myspace at Gickr.com

Yesterday I thought about the connection of what facebook means in real life, sorta, kinda. Facebook may be a new type of technology/social media but it is no way different that FaceLife. Wonder what I'm talking about? Well the way I see it, we have a different face for everything similarly to the way we only post "good" pictures of ourself on FB. Yesterday I put a face in my black patent leather puma bag lined with purple fabric and headed out in the rain. I wanted to protect this face so I did not take it out while deliberately stepping in puddles of dirty water or when the misting rain disguised my real face. I took it out when I went to all my classes and made sure to fix it on well. This face smiled, made jokes, looked contemplative and full of knowledge. This face did not match the way I felt inside. Yesterday I dealt with personal issues that weren't the ones that make you feel as if you're on top of the world. The ones that feel as if someone has stuck a knife in your chest and turns it clockwise by the hour and I am still dealing with them. But I put on my I am alright, I'm somewhat happy but tired face and embraced the world yesterday. Today I have on another face and tomorrow, we will see what I bring to class. After all who wants to see the face that cried over a glass of White Zifandel last night in the Applebee's... of all places!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment