Friday, February 19, 2010

Eating with my Eyes

"The Best Thing I Ever Ate...," a program on Food Network, interviews chefs, bakers, and tv personalities about the... best thing they ever ate.

Today they talked about pizza. A deep-dish sausage pan versus thin-crispy crust versus thick, greasy and cheesey. Which one would you choose?

That wasn't the dilemma with me because I wanted to eat them all. As the cameras panned in closer to shoot the steamy, crimson, flaky pizzas, I almost fell off my seat. I covered my mouth and called out for the pizza gods to have mercy!

After that I craved pizza like a pregnant woman. Looking in my fridge, I found the frozen Celeste pizza-for-one waiting for someone. But that did not suffice. I was eager to hop on the train and hunt down an authenetic NY Pizza parlor to satiate myself. But it was 9pm-ish and I knew that was not a possibility. Would I really go on an adventure to get pizza? Hmm...

I added it to my Bucket List and... until next time! We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment