Saturday, March 6, 2010

Soldier Update

So I just got back from work and I asked a group of my friends if they knew anyone that was serving in the military or completed their tour. Unfortunately, known of them knew anyone who fit these requirements. I knew at that point that I would have to get creative if this play was going to be successful. I immediately remembered two students who I graduated with from Ward Melville High School. One of the students is currently serving in the military and the other is studying at West Point. I would like to contact them via Facebook, and will probably do so at a later point in time when we know exactly what we are doing. I also know someone from Pakistan and could ask him if he knows of anyone in the Pakistan Army. Again this will be done using Facebook and at a later time. After I post this blog I will do a little experiment and post an ad on Craigslist seeing if their are any military personnel willing to act in our class play. In addition, I have been doing some searching online for forums dedicated to individuals serving in the army. So far I've come up with these sites (just click on them):

Airman/Soldier/Sailor's Forum

Any Soldier

Ask A Soldier (U.S. Army)

Future Soldier Center

So if anyone is interested it's free to create an account on these sites and hopefully we can get someone to perform our plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment