Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I just wanted to let you know

I just wanted to let you know that this morning, when
the cold fell frigid beneath your feet, when you shut the
door so careful not to make any noise, when you took
your pause at the top of the stairs - stretching, yawning,
waking in that way that you do, when you ground the coffee
and warmed the kettle and made the lunches, when you
turned on your laptop and intimated that laugh that is
yours - oh, so yours - to the weary silence of today's dawn,
when you began to type that first email, typing, tapping with
those manicured nails, when the kettle cried, when the coffee
was poured, when the email sent, when the lunches sat, when
there was silence, stillness even, when there was cold, when it
seemed so early,
I just wanted to let you know
I just wanted to hold you close,
I just wanted to whisper faintly, "you make me warm."

No comments:

Post a Comment