Friday, March 5, 2010

Grant Rejection?

Dear Mr. Cohen:

I received your letter requesting support for your proposed documentary film. While your concept and potential storylines seem compelling, we are unable to offer support at this time. We do anticipate offering grants to films in post production and distribution this year, but will not begin the review process until later in the year. I certainly hope you will be able to find other sources of support for your project. And should you work once again to create a social change documentary film, I hope you will consider the Playboy Foundation’s grant program at that time.

Sincerely,
Matthew Pakula


Here is a copy of the email that I received from the Playboy Foundation. Before you jump to any conclusions I should start by stating that Playboy supports documentary filmmakers who are interested in creating films about social change. Their grant covers post-production charges and I thought it would be interesting to submit my idea in a letter of inquiry to an organization that I am familiar with. Once I get the responses from the other two grants I sent out I will resend my information with the completed version of my documentary film for further consideration. It would be cool to receive a grant so I could make my film more "professional looking" so I can send it off to various film contests. Well, here’s to hoping… *cheers*

No comments:

Post a Comment