Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Margaret Bonilla!

Ok, so I wasn't able to get into contact with a live soldier, but I do have some connections. I have a high school friend, Yohanna Bonilla, whose sister was stationed in Korea a while back. I've never spoken to her sister before, but I've seen photos of her around their house, since she's in Virginia now. It was awkward, I must admit (listen to the end of the clip. On a scale of 1-10, that would've been 54 on the Awkward Scale). But she was nice and took her time to speak to me for a while. I called her on my phone and taped the conversation with her. (With all her consent, of course!)And we read a part from Philoctetes that I plucked out. On my copy, there were no designated scenes. But it begins with Philoctetes and "Dear is thy country and thy father dear." The tape's not awesome. But it was a cool experience. Hope you guys enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment