Thursday, March 4, 2010

My mother

I thought I was done with mom issues as soon as I turned 21, boy was I wrong. While growing up I thought and still think that my mother is bipolar. Sometimes she is really nice and funny. Then there are those times when she acts like a mean-out-of -control 14 year old and uses the mother card to try to control me. I had a bad sunday because I was trying to do some assignments after I came out of work. She ordered me to come home to watch the children while she goes to gamble away money we can't afford to lose. I told her I could not and she had a tantrum. She told me I was an evil daughter for not letting her enjoy herself, and that if she died not to cry for her. She said if she died, God forbid, she was going to pull my legs at night when I sleep. I know she wasn't totally serious, but dude come on now. What the F? Who says that? I told her if she wanted me to graduate this year then she should let me do my work. That is the second time I stand up to my mother and win. She needs to understand that I am a woman who has to build her own life now. I try to stay away from my family because they suck me in and I don't have time for anything else. Yeah I help them out when I can. I play with the kids, and help them with their homework. I babysit. I clean my room, which is not my room anymore because I live with Kyle. She does not get that I moved out. My mother really calls me to come home immediately so that she could go out. I've been telling her NO because she needs to take responsibility for the kids. I am not their mother. I just wish she would try a little more. Growing up was hard. She would go up and down with mood swings. I was a bad student at school because I was always absent, and did not do my homework. I had no idea my parents were suppose to help me. I see that my little brother is having a hard time at school too just like I did and it kills me because I call my mom just to remind her to tell Anthony to do his homework. She needs to interact with the kids more.

There was a full moon and I heard somewhere women are affected by the gravity pull. It makes us grumpier I guess. That night I was wearing a moon stone ring, and I tell you that I was in a bad place. After talking to my mom, I was drained and down. It's funny how my mom could manipulate my mood like that. She has lots of power over me, and that is fine, but she should not take advantage like she does.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post ! Standing up to your mother is a difficult dynamic to approach, but necessary sometimes...You're working hard, so stay strong !

    ReplyDelete