Sunday, April 10, 2011

Paul Wendkos Does It Moondoggy Style

Hey. My name's Paul. Paul Wendkos. And you're - could you spell that for me? A-N-N-I-K-A. Annika. My what a lovely name. So what do you do? You're a grad student? Why, the moment I layed eyes on you, I knew you had a stunning...intellect. What do I do? Are you serious? I'm Paul Wendkos! I directed the Gidget series! You know, Gidget, Gidget Goes Hawaiian, Gidget Goes to Rome, Gidget Goes to Hell, Gidget Goes All the Way, Gidget Does It Moondoggy Style 1-19. You're sure you don't know who I am? Maybe you know some of my other movies: Cordoba's Cannon? I Love Women? No? What are you implying? I do love women! Although I never say so right away. I usually wait a few dates, until I propose. Hey, where are you going? Call me! Fuck.

3 comments:

  1. Holy Cow!!! Cannon for Cordoba is one of my all time favorite films! Only because Pete Duel was in it, though. Damn, I still miss him! You wouldn't know where I can get a copy of Alias Smith and Jones, would you?
    The entire Gidget ouevre is remarkable for its joie de vivre and abject innocence in the aftermath of nuclear destruction. Or did I dream it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea. This is the first I've ever heard of them. WL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this some kind of code for something? If so, what's the password? Are you playing at cryptograms again?

    ReplyDelete