Monday, April 25, 2011

YIKES


I am beyond terribly behind on my blog posts. It has been slowly eating away at my brain and conscious for weeks now. I have a bunch that just need to be transcribed, and others that still need to manifest.

Here we go again...

ALBUQUERQUE!!

On Thursday I am boarding a plane and headed to the ABQ, New Mexico. I'm traveling with 3other friends to attend the Gathering of Nations, North America's largest Native American Pow-Wow. I am beyond excited as I have been looking forward to this for months now. The south west has been an area of the US that has always been a mystery to me, and I finally get to satiate my curiosity. Expect many a post from there this coming week.

LENSES!!

Turns out that my father's co-worker is an avid amateur photographer. And we also happen to frequent the same gym. One day, while hanging around the lateral pull down, I strike up a conversation about my upcoming trip. I mentioned how I wanted to buy a telephoto lens, because I would be so far from the "action" to get any good pictures. The end result is himlending me 3 of his badass canon camera lenses for the weekend. We're talking L-Series, really pro stuff! Saving me in the thousands....
It's heavy... And intense.

So Bless him, and hopefully I put it to some good use.

SHAWL !!!

In addition to the million things that I have to do before I leave, I am working on a ''Fancy Shawl" for my girlfriend (who is coming along too, and will be dancing at the Pow Wow)

The patterning is fairly intricate and I hope that it turns out spectacular for her sake. The design is based on the pottery of New Mexican Pueblos.

Pictures to come soon - Let's see how far I can get on it tonight.

Thanks!
-Jose

No comments:

Post a Comment