Thursday, May 13, 2010

Fishing

When it gets warm outside I like to go fishing with my dad. It is one of his favorite things to do. He spends all his money on fishing rods and reels, bait and hooks. Fishing is all my dad talks about sometimes. He likes to go by the river next to a Cosco. It is a ghetto move but it's actually very peaceful there. First we put the bait on the hooks, then he tells me to throw the string thingy over. When he sees that I am doing it wrong, he takes over and does it for me. Then I just sit down and drink my Corona. We listen to music, smoke tons of cigarettes and I drink beer. My father is not a drinker, I got that from my grandfather from mother's side. He likes to tell me his life stories. He likes to ask me a hundred thousand questions, it's pretty cool. My father gets so excited when the fish tug at the bait so he always reels it in. To his surprise most of the bait get eaten all the time. I laugh a lot at him. I guess that is mean of me. Sometimes my dad gets lucky and catches a huge fish. He will talk about this huge fish for hours until he catches something else. I enjoy spending time with him. When I was younger I always wondered what it would be like to go fishing with my dad and now I know. It's pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment