Thursday, May 13, 2010

Just say NO!

So I took a Cosmo quiz called “Are you too damn good to your friends?” Apparently I am. This is what this quiz told me: “if you were a candy, you’d be a Lifesaver. That’s not always a good thing. When you constantly put others first, there’s no time left to think about what you need. And because you so easily give up the cute skirt or the hot date, friends can take you for granted, which can make you resent them. Next time you start to volunteer for something you’d rather skip, stop. A simple sorry will do”. This is totally true about me. I have felt a little taken for granted in the past by messed up friends. I know that I am a cool friend, but I must learn how to say no to people without feeling bad about it. I know that it is stupid but I can’t say no to people that I love. I know this isn’t true, but when I used to tell my friends no, I felt like if I was letting them down. I need to practice saying no. I have been practicing say no to my mother. She is sometimes a little over bearing and always wants me to do stupid little things for her. Last week she wanted me to go to her house so that I could translate something for her and I kept telling her no. The next day she called me and told me that she would pay me if I translate for her and then I said ok. I know she still got me to go over there, but at least I got some money out of it. The next time my sister wants to borrow my clothes without permission I am going to flip on her. I don’t understand how she takes my clothes because we aren’t even near the same size. I am a size 12 and she is a size 6 in clothing. How does that work? No, No, NOoooo! Just practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment