Thursday, May 13, 2010

Perfect Christmas

When I was nine years old I had the perfect Christmas in the world. My dad was out of jail, and we were at my great aunt's house in the Bronx. We used to write Santa letters to rich people and they used to give us presents. I remember we used to write like 50 letters each and get like 10 boxes of toys. Life was great. Well anyway, that Christmas we got a phone call from some gringa and she said she was on her way to give us Santa presents. We ran home soooooo fast it only took us 5 minutes for a 20 minute walk. Not to mention my little sister was in a stroller. Anyhow, there was this elegant blonde woman in a black fur coat. She looked like the rich lady from Curly Sue. She gave my sisters and I about 10 presents each. All of the gifts were expensive, not like those cheap 5 dollar dolls from the bodega. That was the year I got my Baby Feel So Real doll and my 2XL robot. I still have those toys somewhere. I remember having my dog Guasona and being grateful for everything. I was so happy I almost cried at nine years old. I never did get a Christmas like that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment