Wednesday, March 2, 2011

WinHEC 2008 and working at MS

Ha! I just found on Youtube a backstage video I shot for a Microsoft Conference held in the LA Convention Center in 2008. The conference, WinHEC 2008, was a big IT hardware-oriented convention put on every year for IT hardware designers and developers. I met people from all over the world who were in one way or another involved in designing hardware like digital cameras, printers, usb drives, cell phones, anything that had to be compatible with Windows, or the software that accompanied said hardware.

I conducted a Focus Group for my team while there and was touched by how many people worldwide actually used my website and what exactly it was they found so useful about it. One guy from Israel actually blogged about me! (Gotta find that blog...)

Incidentally, part of the video was taped on the night Obama got elected. This video was really just a sort of backstage record of the Microsoft WHDC and WinHEC production team working on the convention. And yes, even I had to wear a blue Microsoft shirt during the entire conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment