Wednesday, May 18, 2011

This was fun


People always ask me how I make my small metal pieces. Almost everyone assumes that I use a machine, or a laser or something. They are usually surprised when I say that I just use my hands and a jeweler's saw. Then I describe what a jewelers saw is =P It has a U frame, and the key is the very tiny teeth on the blades, which allow for cutting through metal.

I sped up the piece and put it to music

I chose daft punk because they represent this hybrid space between human and machine that I am really interested in exploring. And maybe even becoming.

After this past weekend, especially with the mind control device, I think that we are one step closer to this hybrid reality where the lines are blurred :)

I really want to take more footage of myself working. I recently bought a new HD webcam that I will utilize. This video was actually shot with the camera on my macbook pro. I propped it up and open with many a brick =P

No comments:

Post a Comment