Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Asia de Cuba + Graduations


This Monday I was fortunate enough to go to my brother's Graduation at NYU. Again, he received his Masters in Sports Business and will be starting his new job with the Susan G Komen Foundation. I am very proud of him and I know he will go very far - because he already has.

We took him out to eat at a restaurant called 'Asia de Cuba', a fusion place. The food was priced for midtown, but very worth it, very delicious. The folks enjoyed it too, which was also a plus.

I thought it was interesting seeing my brother walk down the street in his purple robe, and yellow and blue masters hood. It was a normal sight to me - clearly the guy was a recent graduate. But then it got me to thinking - a lot of the people must be baffled, as to why someone is walking down the street in this robe!

Is it religious? Is he a priest?

Is it a clansmen? or some other cultish group?

Is it simply a crazy person? or worse, an eccentric??

but in the end, the robe got him that nice cake :)

Congrats, brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment