Tuesday, May 17, 2011

impending Summer

Summer is allllmost here!

yay?

yay!

This year has been my worst year at Stony Brook. Haha, that is very dramatic. To be fair, I have only been here 2 years, and the first year was "better" because it was a more innocent and naive time. There were fewer visible "problems" and anything could be brushed away with "well, it's just our first year here"

2nd year has just opened our eyes a bit more to how things really are. Growing frustrations with our department, and unfortunately that has caused rifts between colleagues at times. Last year, we were all the best of friends! Maybe.

I loved this Theatre course though. Not to kiss ass or anything. But it was great to take a course in another department, and get away from the drama of my own...

Though I hear every department has their own drama.

This course was also the only one this semester that really challenged me and made me excited to learn and create. My photo class was ok, but I got a few ideas and moments of inspiration from it - and Gary is just a great guy to be around.

VAS was....

Theatre was not perfect, but hardly anything is. Perfect enough to be top dog of my course load, haha.

And now I will forever refer to my absent students as "bagging my gig, man"

No comments:

Post a Comment