Sunday, July 4, 2010

What makes a successful relationship?

This is very different for many people. To me there are several things that constitute a successful relationship. First of all I think that love is crucial. You must love your partner unconditionally. Aside from that, you must support each other no matter what comes your way. Tolerance is highly needed for those days in which your partner is not your favorite person. Communication is key, without it you will not function. Keeping each other out of the loop is one of the biggest mistakes couples do. You also have to have realistic expectations of one another. Thinking that everything is always going to be right is very unrealistic. Care for one another in every possible way. The most meaningless moment during the day can turn into a precious moment if you just stop to say “do you have any idea how much you mean to me?”. Laugh and laugh a lot. Laugh at each other and at all the funny things in life even if they are silly. I guarantee one day you will be sitting together and saying “remember when this happened” and you’ll laugh once again. Commit to one another and remind each other of how your life would not be complete if you did not have him/her in your life. Above all, respect one another. Respect each others families, even if you don’t like them. Respect each others’ friends even if they get on your nerves sometimes.

I have had relationships go sour, but I can’t think of any one that I had in which I made sure I had all these things I just wrote about. In my next relationship I want to incorporate all these. I think they will make me successful not only in my relationship, but in making my future partner feel that they could not live without as I would not be able to live without them. I want to let my partner know that they complete me in every way. They should feel like your soul mate. Corny, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment