Sunday, July 4, 2010

I can’t stand my brother’s neighbor

My brother’s neighbor is far from being a good citizen. Along with his wife they make up the reason why taxpayers get mad at the government. They have 2 kids, ages 7 and 3, with one on the way. She is a stay home wife. He lost his job almost a year and a half ago. He has been on unemployment for the same amount of time, but works off the books doing minor construction jobs, which he makes a good decent amount of money on. So while my brother and my sister in law bust their butts working hard and pay nearly 35,000 in taxes every year, here he is collecting their money and making his own money. I don’t get it. What is wrong with this picture?
I’m a single mother and according to what I make a year, I would qualify for many things from the government. Hey, I may even be able to get them to pay my rent. However, I’m a very hard working person and if I can make it a point to get up in the morning and work so that I can provide for myself and not live off of other people, I will do it. I work a full time job, go to school full time and I have my 7 year old son. I hold myself up on my own. Yes, it is very hard and at times I feel I have not life because I don’t have the money to spend. My brother’s neighbor changes his car every year, and is constantly doing renovations on his home; and he does it with other people’s money. My brother is the type of person to say “hey, why don’t you get yourself a job and stop leeching from other people” and his response was “hey if I can get away with getting money from the government and still make some money and live nice, why should I stop?” I could not believe it. He said this in a BBQ that they had when they all got along at first. These kind of people I have absolutely no respect for.

No comments:

Post a Comment