Sunday, July 4, 2010

I can’t wait for my first summer off as a teacher

I’ve been trying to teach my son Spanish and it is very hard when his father is not cooperating. So I was thinking on my first summer off, if I can afford it, I will take my son to Ecuador. I spent my teenage years there and they have been the best years of my life. I want my son to learn the language socially and I will worry about him learning it academically. Since I’m going to be a Spanish teacher I will develop the skills to address his academic level in the Spanish language. I haven’t been on vacation in three years so, I definitely need it and my parents have house right in front of the beach. I wouldn’t pay for the stay. I would just have to cover meals and airfare. Everything is so cheap there. For example, for a shrimp and lobster tail dinner I would pay like $3.00 and the seafood is fresh vs. here, I would probably pay over $30.00 for it and it definitely is not fresh.
If I had the chance to live with the luxuries that I have here (i.e. running water, and running toilet guaranteed), I would definitely live in Ecuador. Life is just more relaxed. You get away from the everyday rush of getting up in the morning, going to work and getting home in time to get enough sleep to continue the same routine. It’s so boring at times. I hope I enjoy teaching as much as I want to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment