Sunday, July 4, 2010

Australia

If I was granted a trip to go anywhere in the world for a week, I would go to Australia. I have always wanted to see a kangaroo and I’m absolutely in love with the Sidney Opera House. It’s just a perfect design. The structure itself looks amazing and the fact that it works well acoustically is even more mesmerizing. I have a picture of it in my living room. It’s actually quite big. In my days of Architectural classes, I chose to make a model of it for a final project of mine. I think that all models look best I white, it’s just very hard to work with white without having to wash your hands every 2 minutes so that you do not stain your model.

I donated the model to my school after I guaranteed myself an A on it. I use to go see it a lot when I lived in Queens just to admire its beauty, because that’s the closest I could get to the real thing. However, one day I will go. I will be able to physically touch the structure that I once studied so hard to replicate. My model was beautiful, but there is nothing like the real thing. Being able to see the Sidney Opera House has been a dream of mine ever since I could remember. I don’t remember what made me love it so much, I just know that I do. So one day, I’ll make that dream of mine come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment