Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Creative Live Workshops - Annika deGroot

I wanted to turn you guys on to a great online education-oriented company called Creative Live. On their website are offerings for free webinars on how to use software programs like Adobe's Creative Suite and learning photography stuff like studio lighting techniques and how to photograph children. The one catch is you have to tune in when they are actually giving the webinar; if you do, it's free. If you can't, you can always buy their webinars later.

Tomorrow is a workshop for mastering the Canon T2i. If you've been thinking of purchasing a Canon Rebel T2i, you might want to tune in, but remember to register first by going to FREE Workshop: Canon Rebel T2i / 550D - DSLR Fast Start
. I'm a big fan of these people and have learned some great stuff from them over the past few years, namely how to create iPhone applications, a refresher course on CSS, and how to up my skills in Photoshop and InDesign. I even sat through a weekend-long workshop on Studio Lighting techniques because my knowledge of studio lighting for still work was woefully outdated. I took 56 pages of notes during that weekend!

I've been thinking of giving back to them by teaching a jewelry-making course with them if they think there is a big enough audience world-wide for such a thing. I know they've done workshops in watercolor...

No comments:

Post a Comment